Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, "A fact is the absence of contradiction, but the truth is the presence of coherence."
As lawyers, we are duty bound to be more than just factual. Lawyers must tell the truth to clients, judges, and even opposing counsel and third parties.
In this eye-opening webinar, legal humorist Sean Carter will deal frankly with the very human inclination for dishonesty and explain how to avoid the traps from which dishonesty most often springs. In doing so, he will draw upon current and past nominees from his annual Ethy Awards
for the worst ethical behavior to provide poignant reminders of the consequences of dishonesty. In particular, this webinar will cover:
- Disclosure obligations at the outset of the representation
- Communicating fully with clients
- Candor towards the tribunal
- The duty of honesty to opposing parties and third parties
- Truthful marketing practices
- Responding to disciplinary bodies